The truth of the matter is that I used to be a blogging-fiend. This stopped around the time I decided journalism was not my calling and when I went on my "I can do anything I put my mind to including chemistry" rampage.
Well, I got a C in chemistry, and a few other things have changed since then as well.
In exactly 9 weeks, I will walk across the stage and get my degree. It's a semester late, sure, but a degree nonetheless - except that I won't actually get the degree for another few months, but that's another story for another day.
Student teaching follows come January, and I will be emerge myself into 9th grade-culture at Johnston Middle School. I could not be more excited about my placement or the age level and will spend 16 weeks under the supervision of a lady named Mrs. Boge, who seems to be nice from our correspondence so far.
After completing that, I've decided to torture/amuse myself by doing another 8 weeks of student teaching in jolly ol' Londontown. I'm returning to the UK for the third time and I think this will be the most challenging, amazing, frustrating, and rewarding experience of my entire college career. That's a pretty big superlative, but I think it'll live up to it.
Until all of this goes down, I remain in Iowa City moving half-consiously through my classwork, tours, and other assorted responsibilities. I really am neither here nor there, with few measurements other than one lengthy to-do list and a colorful paper chain.
In other exciting news, the Hawkeyes are 7-0. The plot thickens for the Iowa/MSU game next weekend...
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment